General Terms and Conditions (Idem Dito)
Last updated on 10 February 2021 Only the original, Dutch-language version of these terms and conditions is legally valid.
1. GENERAL The services of BVIdem Dito are exclusively governed by the general conditions of BV Idem Dito, which are mentioned on each offer and/or invoice. The general conditions of the customer and/or client, or any other general conditions mentioned in orders, order forms or other documents, are not applicable, except in the case of an explicit, written agreement between the parties. The general conditions of the customer and/or client, or any other general conditions mentioned in orders, order forms or other documents, are not applicable, except in the case of an explicit, written agreement between the parties.
2. ORDERING The services shall be ordered in writing by sending an order form or a signed quotation by post, fax or e-mail. Telephone orders shall be confirmed in writing within 24 hours, if the following day is a working day, failing which the order shall be deemed not to have been placed. By placing an order, the customer and/or client accepts the general conditions of BV Idem Dito. BV Idem Dito cannot be held responsible for incomplete or incorrect information provided by the customer and/or client regarding the invoicing details.
3. INTERPRETING ASSIGNMENTS The fees for interpreters are estimated per half day or per full day. The rates vary depending on the language. The fees do not include travel costs and meals. The customer is responsible for reserving the rooms for the interpreters and the technician. If not, a surcharge of 15% of the hotel cost will be applied. If an interpreter has to travel and stay overnight for an interpretation assignment, a daily fee of € 50 per interpreter will be charged. Per diems apply if meals are not or not fully provided by the customer (in case of a multi-day assignment also dinner); interpreters must be present the evening before the interpretation assignment in order to be on time for the start of the assignment. If the interpreters have to travel extensively outside working hours (9-18 h), variable travel compensation surcharges may apply.
The client and/or customer also undertakes to provide
– a meal for the interpreter and/or technician if the assignment lasts more than 3 hours,
– a room with a basic electrical installation which meets the relevant standards and with a sufficient number of 220-volt sockets with earthing,
– distribution of infrared receivers and headphones to the participants + return and storage of these in the cases, – sufficient space for the technical centre and the interpreters’ booths.
The delivery and installation of materials is normally done the day before. The room is available from the day before the event and sufficiently heated throughout (at least 15° Celsius). The client and/or person giving the order shall in no case contact the interpreter(s) directly. The client and/or person giving the order always has to contact the coordinator of BV Idem Dito or the technician on site. Theft or damage of the delivered material, from the building up until the dismantling of the installation, are fully at the charge of the customer and/or client.
After written confirmation, a cancellation fee of 25% of the total amount shall apply. Assignments which are cancelled between 60 and 90 working days prior to commencement will be invoiced at 35% of the total amount.
Contracts cancelled between 59 and 30 working days before the start of the contract will be invoiced at 50% of the total amount.
Contracts cancelled between 29 and 15 working days before the start of the contract will be invoiced at 75% of the total amount.
Contracts cancelled less than 15 working days before the date of commencement of the contract will be invoiced at 100% of the total amount.
4. CAPPISCO All services and user rights relating to the cAPPisco online interpreting platform, owned by BV Idem Dito, are subject to the general terms and conditions of use and sale of cAPPisco which are available at www.idemdito.com and www.cappisco.com and which the customer is deemed to have read and accepted.
5. COMPLAINTS Under penalty of nullity, any complaint must be notified by registered letter and in a substantiated manner within 3 days of the execution of the services, failing which the executed service shall be regarded as accepted. Complaints or disputes about the non-conformity of the translation, formulated within the contractual period, must be thoroughly justified with dictionaries and glossaries. A customer’s failure to give reasons in respect of an interpreting assignment shall not constitute grounds for non-payment of the invoice. No complaint shall entitle the customer and/or client to suspend his payment obligations.
6. PAYMENT Invoices are payable within 30 days of receipt of the invoice, in cash and without discount to the address of the registered office, unless otherwise agreed. The client remains in all cases co- responsible for the payment, even if BV Idem Dito has accepted to make the invoices in the name of a third party. In case of dispute, the invoice must be protested by motivated registered mail, within 7 days after the date of the invoice. Failing this, the invoice shall be deemed to have been accepted. Any invoice not paid in full on its due date shall automatically and without prior notice incur interest of 10% per annum and a fixed and irreducible indemnity of 15% on the amount still due, with a minimum of €175. The non-payment on the due date of a single invoice shall make the balance due of other invoices, even those not yet due, immediately payable ipso jure.
7. LIABILITY BV Idem Dito can only be held liable in case of intent. In any case, except in case of fraud, the liability of BV Idem Dito will always be limited to the amount of the invoiced or paid amounts by the client and/or principal, related to the order in question. BV Idem Dito can under no circumstances be held responsible for indirect damage, including the increase of general costs, loss of clients, loss of profits, loss, change or damage of electronic data. This list is not exhaustive.
8. DISSOLUTION BV Idem Dito is entitled to terminate all or part of the order or to suspend its execution, if the customer and/or client does not fulfil its obligations, or in case of apparent incapacity, liquidation or bankruptcy of the customer and/or client, without being obliged to pay any compensation.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION Belgian law shall apply to the contractual relationship. All disputes shall fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the legal district of Leuven.